Monday 5 September 2011

Cover versions DJ set Sat 10 September 2011

An unusual DJ set coming up this Saturday (10th Sep 2011) in that it will be made up entirely of cover versions.
Not just any old covers...but specifically current indie/rock covers of mostly 80s tunes.

I guess indie/rock 80s tunes that were themselves covers also count (I'm thinking TAINTED LOVE, SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO or
I WANT CANDY) although these are so entrenched I could play the originals and most people would think they were the covers...like one of
my REFORM! favourites HANGING ON THE TELEPHONE.

This party is put together by the ROCKFORD folks and features the newly christened BATTLESHIP DJS (read their manifesto here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Battleship-DJs/106736979432820?sk=info), DJ BLACK TO THE FUTURE and AMPIE OMO.
Ampie played played trombone for FUZIGISH (I think??) and also backed VIOLENT FEMMES when they played SA some years ago. He
currently plays in BOO!

The party is at KITCHENERS CARVERY cnr Juta & De Beer str in Braamfontein. Doors open at 9pm with a R30 cover. Here is the FB event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=187007204705837&notif_t=event_photo_change

10sept_idea1

Hanging On The Telephone Norma by The Nerves Listen on Posterous

4-06 I Want Candy.m4a Listen on Posterous

Posted via email from Marc Latilla's Alerts

No comments: